SMAP (Student Management action Plan)
At the VSV we value student engagement and a high level of student interaction in our learning programs. We have a Student Management Action Plan (SMAP) that allows us to track and act on students who are not engaging or submitting their work. Submission of work at VSV is equivalent to physically attending in a school.
The purpose of SMAP is to
- Identify at risk students who have not submitted sufficient work from the time of enrolment
- Enable students to make contact with the teacher to establish reasons for non-submission and ensure appropriate strategies are implemented to re-engage the student
- Support teachers where previous attempts to contact the student about their progress have been unsuccessful.
The database recognises students who have not submitted work for a 3 week period and hasn’t been in contact with their teacher to discuss their program or explain their lack of work.
An emailed letter is sent to the student/parent/guardian and or school based supervisor. The student is required to submit work by the date specified on the letter (a two week period is provided). Failure to submit the work by the given deadline will result in a cancellation of enrolment. This cancellation letter will be emailed to the parties identified above. The student will be withdrawn both units of the study they are cancelled for, on the database and VASS. School based students will have their VASS record amended by their home school.
The role of the school supervisor/parent is to:
- Bring the letter to the attention of the student
- If necessary contact VSV on the students behalf to explain the students circumstances
- Assist the student with work submission and schedules for regular submission of student work
- If cancellation occurs, withdraw the student from the units on VASS (school based supervisors only).
If you have any questions about how this process works, feel free to contact:
Brooke Summers on 8480 0142 or firstname.lastname@example.org