Year 9 Health and Physical Education
The Year 9 Health and Physical Education course has been developed to address a wide range of topics, which impact on your daily physical, social and mental wellbeing.
How can you study Physical Education online?
In this subject you will:
- engage in the physical aspect of sport by completing weekly tasks
- sharing to an online forum called The Gym
- completing an online physical activity journal
- provide evidence in the form of images, videos and journals showing regular participation in physical activity and feedback around your participation to your teachers and peers.
What do you do?
In Health, you will have the opportunity to develop your knowledge and skills in responding to a range of different situations that you may be presented with throughout your life.
Some topics you will explore:
- food and Nutrition
- goal Setting
- identifying character strengths
- impacts of legal and illegal drugs
- identifying successful strategies on how to build positive relationships.
In Physical Education, you will develop your skills and knowledge in a range of different games and activities, and develop your own training programs to address personal fitness goals.
Some topics you will cover:
- pedometer Challenge, which involves a daily goal of 10,000 steps
- circuit-based activities
- yoga and Meditation
- using apps to record physical activity
- local community resources available for the promotion of physical activity.
What skills do you develop?
You will develop skills including:
- research skills
- case study analysis
- observation and detailed record-keeping skills
- increased proficiency using technology
- ability to make informed and independent decisions about your own physical, social and mental health
- progressive development of fitness components through exposure to a variety of individual sports and recreational activities.
You must have access to the internet in order to access this course. Weekly work will be completed and submitted online.
Things you can do now
Go to the VCAA website for more information about this subject.