Media is a fun and creative area. This course aims to develop students’ awareness of the media as well as their skills of a range of media including film, television, animation and new media technologies.
What do you do?
Some of the activities you will engage in include:
- planning a media product, including a design plan
- creating your own film and/or photography
- interacting and collaborating online with other media students
- editing and manipulating media texts to create meaning
- analysing elements that make up a media text
- creating animation to show a story
- evaluating and comparing new social media to older media technologies.
What skills do you develop?
Students develop a number of skills including:
- critical thinking
- media equipment and software
- media planning and production.
- Photography – equipment such as a still camera and software such as Photoshop
- Film / video / animation -equipment such as a video camera and editing software such as iMovie and/or Final Cut Pro.
Things you can do now
Go to the VCAA website for more information about this subject.