Year 9-10 Media
Media is a fun and creative area. Students will have the opportunity to create their own media forms such as, photography, video and animation. This course aims to develop students’ awareness of media and how they interact with it. Students will also enhance their technological skills and explore the many ways that they can use media to express themselves.
What do you do?
Some of the activities you will complete include:
- creating a design plan to produce a media product
- producing your own film and/or photography project
- interacting and collaborating online with other media students
- editing and manipulating media texts to create meaning
- analysing elements that make up a media text
- creating animation to present a story
- evaluating and comparing new social media to older media technologies
What skills do you develop?
Students develop a number of skills including:
- photography, editing and presenting artworks
- stop animation
- creating short videos
- investigating Youtubers and Vloggers
- using media equipment and software
- media planning and production
- photography – equipment such as a still camera or smartphone, and editing software such as, Gimp and/or Photoshop
- film / video / animation – equipment such as a video camera or smartphone and editing software such as iMovie and/or Final Cut Pro
Things you can do now
Go to the VCAA website for more information about this subject.