Year 9-10 Media
Media is a fun and creative area. You will have the opportunity to create your own media forms such as, photography, video and animation. This course aims to develop your awareness of media and how you interact with it. You will also enhance your technological skills and explore the many ways that you can use media to express yourself.
What do you do?
Some of the activities you will complete include:
- creating a design plan to produce a media product
- producing your own film and/or photography project
- interacting and collaborating online with other media students
- editing and manipulating media texts to create meaning
- analysing codes and conventions that make up a media product
- creating animation to present a story
- evaluating and comparing new social media to older media technologies.
What skills do you develop?
You will develop a number of skills including:
- photography, editing and presenting artworks
- stop animation
- creating short videos
- investigating Youtubers and Vloggers
- using media equipment and software
- media planning and production.
You will need high-speed access to the internet. You will also need relevant equipment based on the media you choose to produce, for example:
- photography – equipment such as a still camera or smartphone, and editing software such as, Gimp and/or Photoshop
- film/video/animation – equipment such as a video camera or smartphone and editing software such as iMovie and/or Final Cut Pro.
Things you can do now
Go to the VCAA website for more information about this subject.