Year 9–10 Digital Technology
The Digital Technology course focuses on further developing your understanding and skills in computational thinking and evaluation.
The subject explores finding creative solutions to problems, and understanding modular thinking and how it can be used through the design and development of a series of browser based games.
What do you do?
In studying this subject you will:
- learn programming and computational thinking through the design of a series of HTML5 games
- design algorithms and data structures that drive software
- learn about designing and evaluating user-friendly solutions.
- investigate online systems and browser technologies, taking into account privacy and security requirements.
What skills do you develop?
You will develop skills including:
- modular thinking
- object-oriented software design and computational problem solving, with a focus on creative solutions.
Things you can do now
Go to the VCAA website for more information about this subject.