Year 9–10 Digital Technology
The future is digital technology! Everyday our lives are enhanced and attended to, managed and entertained by digital technology. It is how we communicate with each other; it is how we stay informed; it has become an integral part of our lives and is set to become even more so as we move forward. Understanding digital technology and developing skills in this area is future proofing for your personal and working life. The Digital Technology course focuses on developing your understanding and skills in online systems and networks, computing, digital design and programming. The subject explores the how and why of the digital world and develops creative problem solving skills through the design and development of digital technologies including browser based games.
What do you do?
- investigate online systems and browser technologies, taking into account privacy and security requirements
- develop an understanding of how digital technology functions and the skills to create digital technology yourself
- learn about designing and evaluating user-friendly solutions
- design algorithms and data structures that drive software
- learn programming and computational thinking through the design of programs in ‘app lab’.
What skills do you develop?
You will develop skills including:
- modular thinking
- creative problem-solving
- object-oriented software design
- computational problem solving, with a focus on creative solutions
- algorithm design
You must have access to the internet in order to access this course. Weekly work will be completed and submitted online.
Things you can do now
Go to the VCAA website for more information about this subject.