Year 8 Geography
In Geography we discover the ways in which our world is constantly changing. We examine the landscapes and landforms that make up the earth and how we manage them. We also take a look at the different hazards presented by these landscapes.
We explore the movement of people across the globe, from rural to urban areas, and from one country to another. We will also examine case studies in Australia, China and Indonesia, looking at how urbanisation and migration impacts how we live our lives.
What do you do?
In studying this subject you will:
- plan and carry out fieldwork
- explore case studies
- analyse a range of different sources
- identify, analyse and explain various geographic processes, patterns and interconnections and investigate the implications of these.
What skills do you develop?
In Geography you will develop a range of different skills, including:
- collecting, recording and selecting geographic data and information
- selecting and representing of data in different forms, including maps
- analysing maps and other information
- identifying and explaining geographic processes and patterns
- explaining interconnections and spatial characteristics.
You must have consistent access to the internet in order to access this course. Weekly work will be completed and submitted online.
Things you can do now
Go to the VCAA website for more information about this subject.