Year 8 Geography
In Geography, we discover the ways in which our world is constantly changing. We examine the landscapes and landforms that make up the earth and how we manage them. We also look at the different hazards presented by these landscapes.
We explore the movement of people across the globe, from rural to urban areas, and from one country to another. We will also examine case studies in Australia, China and Indonesia, looking at how urbanisation and migration affects how we live our lives.
You will also hear many travel stories with photos in the online lessons from your teachers who have been all around the world.
What do you do?
In studying this subject you will:
- plan and carry out fieldwork
- examine case studies
- complete quizzes, blog posts and forum posts
- participate in online lessons with your teacher and other students.
What skills do you develop?
In Geography you will develop a range of different skills, including:
- collecting, recording and selecting geographic data and information
- selecting and representing of data in different forms, including maps
- analysing maps and other information
- identifying and explaining geographic processes and patterns
- explaining interconnections and spatial characteristics
- how to travel effectively and efficiently.
You must have consistent access to the internet in order to access this course. Weekly work will be completed and submitted online.
Things you can do now
Go to the VCAA website for more information about this subject.