Year 8 Art
This course will develop student’s skills in designing and creating artworks. They will use a range of art techniques and media in their practical work. An important part of the course is a visual diary which will be used to record ideas, sketches and techniques and record processes as artworks develop.
Students will look at elements and principles of art such as line, colour, tone, texture, shape and size, in their practical work. They will also use these elements and principles of art to analyse, compare and contrast particular artworks by international and Australian artists.
What do you do?
In studying this subject you will:
- explore and respond to a range of artworks
- visit and discover local and online art gallery spaces
- create and make artworks using a range of media
- review and reflect on the artwork we create as you keep a visual diary
- post work onto the online gallery and contribute to online class discussions.
What skills do you develop?
You will gain an appreciation for art, artists and art making and have the opportunity to express your creativity. Drawing, painting, printing, photography and sculpture making are just a few of the creative activities you will explore.
- Visual Art Diary A4 110gsm 60 Sheet/120 Page
Things you can do now
Go to the VCAA website for more information about this subject.