Year 7 Science
In Science we study the world around us by observing, describing and experimenting. There are many branches of Science that look at different parts of the world. For example, Biology looks at living things, Geology looks at the earth and Physics look at matter and energy. You will be exploring many different categories of Science throughout the year.
In Semester One students will:
- explore mixtures, suspensions, colloids and solutions
- understand how we classify living things and undertake a fieldwork
- look at the forces that move and maintain our world including gravity
- complete a science inquiry.
In Semester Two students will:
- further explore the world around them by looking at biodiversity, seasons, tides, energy, the water cycle and the solar system
- expand their knowledge of the Physic topics such as inclined plans and levers
What do you do?
Students will be provided with opportunities to build on their skills in the areas of inquiry, investigation, experimentation and application of knowledge.
Each unit includes practical activities.
You will be using the Stile app to complete most of your work in this course.
What skills do you develop?
By the end of the year students should have developed skills to:
- think scientifically
- make informed decisions about their lifestyles, environment and the kind of society they wish to live in
- to continue to develop / enhance their curiosity and a spirit of inquiry about the world around them.
You must have access to the internet in order to access this course. Weekly work will be completed and submitted online.
Things you can do now
Go to the VCAA website for more information about this subject.