Year 7 History
This course will take you all the way from ancient Australia to the ancient civilisations of Egypt and China, to Europe and Japan in the Middle Ages, and the Spanish conquest of the Aztecs in the 16th century. You will study how we know about the ancient past, how we understand it, and how we create new histories through our own interpretations.
What do you do?
This is a research-based course. You will plan and carry out research from a wide range of sources including images, films and documents. Your research projects include:
- an online exhibition of ancient Australian artefacts
- a multi-media biography of a significant individual or item of technology from ancient Egyptian or ancient Chinese society
- working from primary sources about the Middle Ages
- a research report evaluating the impact of the Spanish conquest of the Aztecs.
What skills do you develop?
You will learn the skills that historians have, including how to:
- understand a primary source
- ask research questions
- find sources for your research
- take notes
- analyse information
- write history.
You must have access to the internet in order to access this course. Weekly work will be completed and submitted online.
Things you can do now
Go to the VCAA website for more information about this subject.