Year 7 Health and Physical Education
The Year 7 Health and Physical Education course is a fun, hands-on and engaging subject. It focuses on fostering the development of the most active and health-conscious person you can be.
How can you study Physical Education online?
You will engage in the physical aspect of PE by:
- completing adaptive weekly tasks
- sharing to an online forum called The Gym
- completing a physical activity journal
- adhering to the National Physical Activity Guidelines.
You will provide evidence in the form of pictures/videos, and journals showing your regular participation in physical activity, as well as feedback around your participation to your teachers and peers. You will actively seek ways to improve your skill and fitness levels.
In Health, you will look at:
- successful goal-setting strategies
- personal identity
- explore the sexual and mental development of adolescents
- nutrition in your life
- basic first aid skills.
We aim to help you recognise the importance of a holistic approach to your health and wellbeing.
What do you do?
In this health students participate in:
- goal setting
- anger management
- working in groups
- using skill rubrics
- sharing reflections via discussion forums.
In Physical Education you will participate in:
- uploading videos/pictures of your physical activity to The Gym
- the 10,000 Step challenge
- developing training programs
- multicultural games
- winter sports skill development
- interval training.
What skills do you develop?
Students build their:
- physical capabilities
- specific movement skills
- spatial awareness
- use of specific fitness and nutritional apps
- communication skills
- coping strategies
- healthy lifestyle skills.
- appropriate gear for participation in physical activity
- appropriate apps for the different physical activities
- access to the online learning environment
- use of a pedometer.
Things you can do now
Go to the VCAA website for more information about this subject.