Year 7 Art
In Year 7 Art you will learn to create and critique art that is visible and present in our everyday lives. What works of art are present in your everyday life? What do you think of the art that you have seen? How would you create it differently? These are questions that students will learn to answer and reflect on while studying Art.
You will learn to respond to your environment and use it as an artistic stimulus. You will also discover stories that inspire art and create art from your own stories. Art will enable students to be creative, reflective and analytical.
What do you do?
In studying this subject you will:
- explore and respond to a range of artworks
- visit and discover local and online art gallery spaces
- create and make artworks using a range of media
- review and reflect on the artwork we create as you keep a visual diary
- post work onto the online gallery and contribute to online class blog pages.
What skills do you develop?
You will gain an appreciation for art, artists and art-making and have the opportunity to express your creativity. Drawing, painting, printing, photography and sculpture-making are just a few of the creative activities you will explore.
- Visual Art Diary A4 110gsm 60 Sheet/120 Page
Things you can do now
Go to the VCAA website for more information about this subject.