Year 10 History
In this subject, students will explore the making of the modern world and Australia from the industrial revolution to the present, with an emphasis on Australia in its global context.
- colonisation and different experiences of it
- Australia’s involvement in World War I and World War II and their impact on Australian society
- civil rights movements and the fight for Indigenous rights in Australia
- the impact of overseas popular culture on Australia.
What do you do?
Students will have opportunities to analyse primary sources, to conduct self-directed research using digital sources available on the internet, to investigate the perspectives of people of the past, and to display creative and ICT abilities in presenting their research.
What skills do you develop?
Students will learn skills in:
- chronology, historical terms and concepts
- formulating historical questions and conducting research
- the analysis and use of sources
- historical perspective-taking
- interpretations of history
- historical explanation and communication.
Things you can do now
Go to the VCAA website for more information about this subject.