Year 10 Health and Physical Education
The Year 10 Health and Physical Education course focuses on developing personal skills relevant to young people. The course will provide you with the opportunity to engage in different types of physical activities and explore real life adolescent issues.
How can you do Physical Education online you may ask?
- You will engage in the physical aspect of PE by completing weekly tasks
- sharing to an online forum known as The Gym,
- completing an online physical activity journal
- You will provide evidence in the form of pictures / videos and journals showing regular participation in physical activity and feedback around your participation to your teachers and peers.
What do you do?
In Health, you will look at personal identity and risk-taking behaviours as well as explore the physical, social and mental development of adolescents.
Some topics you will explore:
- The impacts of legal and illegal drugs
- Human skeletal, muscular and energy systems
- First Aid and CPR
- Strategies and organisations that assist with mental health issues
In Physical Education, you will engage in a variety of physical activities in order to promote lifelong skills and knowledge.
Some topics you will explore
- Indigenous games and dances
- Personal fitness and training program
- Yoga and meditation
- Local facilities which promote physical activity
What skills do you develop?
- Research skills
- Knowledge of personal training methods
- Using technology in Physical Education
- Ability to make informed and independent decisions about your own physical, social and mental health
Things you can do now
Go to the VCAA website for more information about this subject.