Year 10 Economics and Business
This course explores the ways in which individuals, families, the community, workers, businesses and governments make decisions in relation to the allocation of resources.
You will learn how to combat information overload, time poverty and other factors, which detract from your pursuit of a higher quality of life. We aim to empower you with the confidence to step into adulthood and become a person who can manage efficiently, live practically and lead responsibly.
We will not be covering historical economic events.
What do you do?
Year 10 Economics and Business enables students to understand the process of economic and business decision-making at the personal, local, national, regional and global levels and the effects of these decisions on themselves and others, now and in the future.
What skills do you develop?
- learn about broad social and economic influences on people’s wellbeing
- become more aware of how factors besides money improve our lives
- understand the terms necessary to interpret economic data
- apply this understanding when comparing information which can drive important decisions.
- learn how to factor and weigh up tangible and intangible qualities in decision-making
- under how psychological and physiological priorities affect these decisions
- incorporate the concept of opportunity cost
- apply a cost-benefit analysis to better inform a decision.
- improve financial literacy
- understand how social and psychological factors influence money behaviour
- learn about exchange rates and banking
- gain insight into how to protect oneself from ID theft and scams.
- learn about and reflect on our entrepreneurial skills
- identify how companies gain advantage over one another
- consider how corporations can help and improve the communities they exist in
- discuss how innovation and technology influence ways we live and do business.
Intro to Economics
You must have access to the internet in order to access this course. Weekly work will be completed and submitted online.
Things you can do now
Go to the VCAA website for more information about this subject.