DECV Student Voice and Leadership Team
DECV has a Student Voice and Leadership Team for interested students from Year 5 to Year 12. We look for interested and motivated students who would like to get involved and make a difference. In doing so, you will have the chance to:
- Participate in leadership training and activities such as the Duke of Edinburgh Bronze Award
- Have a voice at DECV and organise events through online forums and face to face discussions
- Make a difference to the DECV and your local community
- Build your confidence and gain experience that will enhance your resume
- Make new friends and have fun
If you are interested in joining in the fun and being a part of a vibrant and exciting group, then don’t hesitate to apply. For more information about what the Student Voice and Leadership Team involves and a copy of the application form to join the Student Voice and Leadership Team, please contact email@example.com.
Better Together – 11-12 Orientation Day
To help VCE students get started and motivated for the year ahead, DECV runs a Year 11-12 Orientation Day. The day:
· Introduces students and parents to ways they can successfully complete their education at DECV
· Provides an opportunity for students to meet their subject teachers
· Enables students to establish and develop meaningful relationships to support student learning
· Familiarises students with the DECV online environment.
Better Together – 11-12 Resilience and Study Day
Resilience and Study Day is held mid-year at Distance Education Centre for year levels 10, 11 and 12.
This event supports students and their parents/carers with future pathways guidance, information about VCE requirements and a range of study skills and strategies that will help prepare students for school assessments.
This day comes at a time where our Year 12 students are about to attend their first exam (the GAT) and our year 10 and 11 students are concluding their Semester One studies and about to start Semester Two. It provides all students with a toolbox of resilience and stress management strategies.
In the morning session we have a guest speaker who is an expert in the area of resilience and decreasing study related stress. In the afternoon there will be workshops which are targeted at each year level.
YEAR 12 VALEDICTORY DINNER
Each year we host a Year 12 Valedictory Dinner for our Year 12 graduating class. It is a great opportunity for students to celebrate their effort and achievement with their teachers, parents, carers and DECV peers.
In 2018 we will again be celebrating the achievement of our Year 12 students. Students, parents, carers and guests are warmly invited to join us for this celebration. Additional details will be sent out to students during the year.
For more information, please contact our Year 12 Coordinator on (03) 8480 0000.
Primary Connect With Distance Days
Each semester Foundation to Year 6 students and parents/carers are invited to connect and collaborate with their teachers and other families. Primary Connect With Distance Days give students the opportunity to work collaboratively and learn new skills while having fun. The days have been held at various venues including the LEGO Education Learning Centre, Scienceworks and at DECV.
- Enrolment Info
- Subject Info
- Parent/Carer Information
- School Supervisor Information
- DECV Portal
- Student Login